Beef Olives Recipe
- 6 thin slices of beef (preferably flank or sirloin)
- 6 slices of bacon
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toothpicks or cooking twine
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Remove the onion and garlic from the frying pan and set them aside in a bowl. In the same frying pan, cook the bacon slices until they are crispy. Once cooked, transfer the bacon to a cutting board and chop it into small pieces.
- Combine the sautéed onion, garlic, chopped bacon, bread crumbs, parsley, dried thyme, salt, and pepper in the bowl and mix well.
- Lay the beef slices on a cutting board and divide the filling mixture equally among them, spreading it evenly over each slice.
- Roll up each slice of beef tightly, securing it with toothpicks or cooking twine to keep them in place.
- Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat. Carefully sear the beef olives on all sides until browned.
- Transfer the beef olives to a baking dish and place them in the preheated oven. Bake for about 20–25 minutes, or until the beef is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the beef olives from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Remove the toothpicks or cooking twine before serving. Optionally, you can serve the beef olives with a delicious mushroom sauce or pair them with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Enjoy your homemade beef olives!
Note: Beef olives can be served as a main dish or as part of a larger meal. Feel free to experiment with different fillings or sauces to add your personal touch to this classic recipe.